Immediate Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Opportunity
Propella Therapeutics, Inc. is recruiting a CFO to lead the company’s financial activities and build a financial foundation for successful growth. We are seeking a financial leader who has worked in a private or public biotechnology company and is knowledgeable about taking a company public through an IPO. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will take ownership of all company fiscal and financial regulatory matters. Company is currently fundraising and this individual will have ample opportunity to establish a strong financial basis for personal and Corporate success by performing effective risk management, planning financial strategy, and playing a strategic and operational role maximizing the company’s value during the financing process. To do well in this role, a candidate should have prior fundraising experience as a CFO or VP of Finance in an innovative, R&D-driven, biotechnology company.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activities, including fundraising, budgeting, financial reporting, and auditing, while adhering to legal and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Work with CEO to develop investor exit strategies and help devise a strategic plan.
- Build and foster growth of a Finance function including use of Consultants as required.
- Oversee performance management and career development for direct reports.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Manage cash flow, financial reporting and budgeting activities.
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Present investment strategies, fundraising plans, and capital structure to the Board of Directors and outside audiences.
- Help manage and support investor relation activities.
CFO Requirements (Must Have):
- Prior experience as a CFO, VP of Finance or related Senior Management position in a biotech / pharma company.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, or MBA or CBA from a top-tier institution.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Extensive data analysis and forecasting methods knowledge.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven leadership, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting practices, and cash flow.
- Strategic problem solver who inspires confidence, creates trust, and works well under pressure.
- Must be willing to spend a minimum of 4 to 6 days per calendar month in Company headquarters near the Research Triangle area of North Carolina.
- Up to 30% travel.
CFO Requirements (Nice to Have):
- Strong connections to the venture capital community and Wall Street.
- Knowledgeable about financial regulations for public companies and who has taken a company public through an IPO.
- Experienced in financial aspects of program sales or out-licensing transactions.
- Ability to foresee and address new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Propella offers a generous compensation package including an annual bonus opportunity, equity interest, medical and dental benefits, flexible vacation time, and a 401K plan.
How to Apply:
- For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
About Propella Therapeutics, Inc. (www.propellatx.com)
Propella, a privately held, historically well-funded, development stage company, is located in Pittsboro, NC, just 30 minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport
Propella focuses on the research and development of innovative best-in-class drugs that improve the lives of cancer patients. Our product development process leverages specific disease knowledge and scientific insights to address unmet needs and underserved populations while decreasing development risk. Our lead oncology product candidate is PRL-02 (abiraterone decanoate), a patented, long-acting intra-muscular (IM) injection for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer. PRL-02 is the basis for a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Cancer Institute and will begin clinical studies in 2Q2021. The burgeoning oncology pipeline consists of multiple preclinical oncology prodrug programs.
(no recruiter inquiries please)